HO HO HO! Happy Christmas in July!
I just recently completed another Christmas sewing project. I have shared our Beary Merry Christmas advent calendar that my friend, Sheri Renae, made for us in the 80s when my boys were young. It is such a fun tradition, and it has been through all of our Christmases since then. We still have it hung up by November 30th so the grandkids can start moving little Beary thru the month on December 1st.
My youngest son, Aaron, sent me a link to purchase the panel last year; he had found it on Etsy. I hadn't seen the panel for sale EVER, so I was quite excited. I did make that purchase, bought some backing fabric and some embellishments, then had the advent calendar ready for him and his family in early December (he didn't send me the link till sometime around Thanksgiving).
Anyway, I wanted to share a few ideas that you can work on this month or any time before the holidays roll around! I like to have my shopping, wrapping, shipping, and meal plans made before November so I can enjoy the time with family and friends. Of course, who doesn't have last minute shopping or errands to run? Let me know if the comments how you handle the busy holiday season.
As I described above, the Beary Merry Christmas Advent Calendar has been in our family for years. I am now in the process of sewing several for family and friends this summer. I hope you will take a peek at the post and view the tutorial, links with tips, and possible purchase links!
I have several quick and easy holiday wreaths that you can make inexpensively!
Why not add a little extra by presenting your gift in a DIY gift bag? I still use mine to add a touch of decor around the house at Christmas!
These make fun teacher, Secret Santa or hostess gifts. They come together in a flash, too! I use holiday-wrapped Hershey's Kisses or the mini–York Mints to add some sweet, though Santa is pretty sweet already.
.png)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment