Saturday, September 12, 2015

Frito Chili Salad



I have been making this delicious and easy salad since my 5 boys were young (they are grown now so I suppose this makes me old).   Of course, it has Fritos and chili so they loved it.  I serve it with fresh fruit, such as cantaloupe or grapes, french bread or rolls and there is dinner!  It is good any season of the year but especially nice for a hot day--no need to heat the stove up as I just microwave the chili before serving.




FRITO SALAD

ONE PACKAGE OF SALAD MIX (ROMAINE, MIX, ETC.)
1 TO 2 CANS 15 OZ. CHILI
ONE BOTTLE (ANY BRAND) THOUSAND ISLAND SALAD DRESSING
CHOPPED TOMATOES OR SMALL PACKAGE CHERRY OR GRAPE TOMATOES 
LARGE BAG OF CORN CHIPS

RINSE SALAD MIX AND TOMATOES, CHOP TOMATOES IF NEEDED.  WARM CHILI IN MICROWAVE OR ON STOVE TOP--ADD TO SALAD/TOMATOES.  POUR THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING OVER SAME (QUANTITY IS UP TO YOU).  ADD CORN CHIPS TO SALAD AND TOSS LIGHTLY.  QUICK AND EASY DINNER!


2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering just looking at this post and reading the recipe. What wonderful comfort food! Thank you for sharing with the Hearth and Soul Link Party! Have a lovely 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fritos with chili!! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips