Tuesday, June 30, 2020

VINTAGE PINS FROM MY CHILDHOOD


Some of you might be old enough to remember when little girls wore dresses to school (many schools didn't allow girls to wear pants till the 70s) and would spruce up their outfits with pins.  These are a few of those pins from the late 60s, early 70s that my mom purchased for me at a local children's clothing shop in our small Nevada town.  I actually was born in Jacksonville, Florida and lived there till I was 8 1/2 years old, then we re-located to Nevada for my dad's work.  I'm still a Southern girl in spirit!

I love this colorful ceramic fish pin. I remember running my finger over the ridges of the stripes when I would be sitting in class.  


This turquoise-colored fish was a favorite, too.  I love the color and to this day I still find myself purchasing items in that shade.


However, being that I was a young girl and that my favorite books were about horses, this little pin is my favorite of all.


 He has lost a bit of his color but he is still in pretty good shape.  I know there are no green horses with orange hooves but I believe that he rocks those colors quite nicely.  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this "blast from the past"!




2 comments:

  1. Adorable pins, and yes, I remember wearing dresses to school! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips