Thursday, July 30, 2015

A "Screening" Make Over!

A "Screening" Make Over!

By Danyell Halvorson- Guest Blogger

Hi there, Danyell here!

Here’s a quick and easy change for your bedroom or any wall as wall art!
I picked up this old fireplace screen for $3.00 and a can of spray paint for $4.00.
Thats all you need!

Want to know how I did it? Keep scrolling!


First, I made a mixture of TSP- this is a cleaning solution that a great prep before painting (of any kind). Here’s what the  box looks like and you can get it at any home improvement store!


I sprayed down the screen and used a brush and my mixture to scrub it. I finished that off with the hose again and let it dry out in the sun.
Next comes the spray paint! Most any spray paint will do, but one that has a primer in it and that will work on any surface (wood, metal, etc.) works best! This isn’t the paint I used on this piece, but its one of my faves!


I gave it a once over, let it dry, and sprayed a second coat.
Voila! That’s all there is to it!


Once it’s completely dry, you can hang it! I am currently using it above a bed as a temporary headboard, but it can be used as a wall hanging, a “gate” or screen to hide something ugly (I was thinking of hiding the big tub of my daughters toys she has in the corner of the living room). 


The best part? I can move it around as much as I want, and it only cost me $7.00!


Happy Treasure Hunting!
~Danyell
#transformationsbydanyell     
@danyellatbeautyboutique



1 comment:

  1. Boat safety stickers Funky Monkey Boat Names are Europe's leading supplier of high quality, self adhesive boat names, vinyl lettering and boat lettering for yachts, motorboats, canal boats and racing dinghies. Call us on 01590 671974 for more information on our services

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips