Monday, February 15, 2016

Easy Cherry Crumble


Do you ever have a yearning for something sweet and just a bit tangy?  Something a little bit out of the ordinary.....I have just the thing!  Years ago, this dessert made it's appearance into our menu and it is a pretty darn good addition.  I hadn't made it for sometime until this past weekend and my daughter and my husband were pretty pleased that it had made a comeback.  I hope that you will give it a go as well.

Easy Cherry Crumble

One package yellow or white cake mix, dry
2 cans (21 oz.) cherry pie filling 
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.  Spoon in the 2 cans of pie filling.  Pour the dry cake mix over the cherries to cover.  Pour melted butter over the dry cake mix and then sprinkle chopped nuts, if desired.









Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, until a "crust" has formed from the cake mix and butter.
Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

That's it!  You have just made a delicious dessert.  I have never tried a different pie filling other than cherry but feel free to use your imagination and let me know in the comments if you try a different fruit.  Peach perhaps?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips