Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Valentine's Day Cake Mix Cookies

Here is another edition of Valentine's Day Cookies!  Check out our last Valentine's recipe for these delicious sugar cookies and icing here.



Today we have another recipe that is quick and easy and oh so good.  I make these cookies throughout the year but love to spruce them up for holidays.  At Christmas, I use red and green M&Ms, at Halloween I use the Fall-colored M&Ms.  So for Valentine's of course, I use the red, pink and white M&Ms.
Here we go with our quick and easy recipe!

Cake Mix Cookies

One box Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix (you can also use a chocolate-flavor if you like)
2 eggs or 1/2 cup pasteurized liquid egg
2/3 cup shortening
White Chocolate Chips
Valentine's M&Ms
Powdered Sugar

Mix half of the box of dry cake mix with the eggs and shortening.  I use my standmixer.  Then mix in by hand the other half of dry cake mix, the chips, and the M&Ms.





If the dough seems too dry and won't hold shape, add a tiny bit of water until it is less dry.  Grab some dough and roll into a ball--I never measure mine but probably about 2".  Roll each ball into powdered sugar, then flatten once with your hand--




Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8 minutes (I know all ovens are a bit different in their baking times).  I then remove cookies from oven (they will still "give" when pressed), sprinkle with more powdered sugar (I use a small sifter cup I bought years ago at Pantry Chef) and allow to cool slightly on pan for 5 to 10 minutes.  Remove to wire cooling rack.





I have always used the Betty Crocker Super Moist mix so really don't know how another brand will work but if you do try another, comment below and let me know how that worked for you.  If I use a chocolate mix, I use both white chocolate chips and semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.  Heck, sometimes I put all three in!  The more, the merrier!

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for supporting the idea of 360 degree feedback. I’ve seen it create division in senior teams when handled incorrectly and seen transformation happen when used elegantly. It’s all about the intention and skill of those who facilitate the process.

    Chinese New Year Cakes Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved your Valentine's Day Cake Mix Cookies recipe! 😍 The step-by-step instructions and the mouthwatering pictures you provided made it so easy to follow along. I can't wait to try these out for myself – they look like the perfect sweet treat to surprise my loved ones with.
    how to make discount code on etsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Your historical blog is like a time machine to the past. Your in-depth research and engaging storytelling have brought history to life for me. I've learned so much from your fascinating articles."
    https://usepromos.com/how-to-get-detergent-stains-out-of-clothes/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips