Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Old Woman Mountain



Hey, y'all! It's been a minute since I have been able to get a post up, besides the parties we've been doing.  We recently moved to Kodiak, Alaska.  We drove from Morehead City, NC to Homer, AK where we caught a ferry to Kodiak.  It was quite the adventure, and my husband can't WAIT to do it again in his new truck.  I am hoping to get a nice, long post up about that soon!  



Until I get those pictures sorted, I figured I would do some posts about our adventures, so far, here in Kodiak.  One of them is the Old Woman Hike.  This hike is absolutely beautiful, and one beginners could do, and is a heavily trafficked trail.  I have done this one twice, once was a sunrise hike (and so worth getting up that early), and the second time was in the mid-morning while carrying my 1.5 year old.  Once you get to the top, you can keeping going straight back to what will eventually be a small lake. We have yet to go all the way to the lake.  At the top, you have a great view of the Coast Guard base and Chiniak Bay.  There is also an American Flag. 



If you ever find yourself in Kodiak, I definitely recommend this as one of your hikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips