Wednesday, October 14, 2020

One Hour Receiving Blanket and a New Baby Gift


 

We received no compensation for this post from Joann Fabrics.

I have made these fast and easy receiving blankets many times over the years and I made one just today!  A family in our neighborhood recently welcomed a baby boy into their family.  Of course, I wanted to welcome that new little one, too (while social distancing).

I found a cute sleeper in a dinosaur print and a cute pack of socks with dinos, too.  I guess I went with a dinosaur-theme.  I then looked a Joann Fabrics for flannel to fit my theme and came across this adorable print that I knew would be perfect.

I found this solid flannel for the backing.

The fabric both were about 44" in width and I bought 1.25 yards of each fabric.  I always wash my fabric on a cool setting before I begin cutting or sewing.  I do trim off the "brand name" selvage edge as that throws off the seam allowance, at least on one side.

I am going to add the rest of my photos in and then add the link to my original ONE HOUR RECEIVING BLANKET tutorial 

so you can get all the details and more detailed photos there. It really doesn't take much over an hour from sewing to finish!  What a nice keepsake and gift for baby.

I did add a zigzag finish once I was all done sewing the blanket together--just a nice touch.

Ready to go in the gift bag!

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!  HAPPY SEWING!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips