Hello to one and all! It is a busy time of year, especially for parents, what with school starting (or may have started) for many. Our grandchildren in town will begin 3rd and 5th grades this coming Monday, August 17th. My granddaughter in Reno started this week (actually, she is in marching band and they began practicing two weeks ago). Our granddaughter in Arizona began school in mid-July. All the other grands are out of school and attending college or working. I am old lol.
I worked at the local elementary schools for quite a few years. It was really great with having my own children--off on the same holidays, usually done with my day before or when my kids got out of school, off during the summer. Nice schedule! I worked as an instructional aide for several years, then was a Health Assistant to the school nurse (only one school nurse for the entire district but an assistant at each school). After I had Ali Rose and took a couple of years off, I was hired as the school librarian at the grammar school I attended from 3rd thru 5th grade. I did that for 2 years but then was accepted into nursing school. However, I wasn't done with the schools yet! After 10 years of being a RN, I returned to school for my Master's degree in Health Professionals Education (a variety of community health, public health, learning theories, curriculum design, etc) and, just to add variety, I worked two years as an elementary school counselor. I can tell you that my time as a parent and my nursing background contributed greatly to my time working with kids who had challenges and obstacles in their lives. When COVID hit, I did return to nursing, but I have fond memories of my "school days". Just an FYI if you are looking for a job that works well with your children's schedule.
This last week, I made YET ANOTHER ONE-HOUR BABY BLANKET. for a friend from church. I know I have made quite a few posts regarding these blankets, but they are easy and I enjoy making them! The family are ranchers so appropriate fabric.
Ok, let
s head into the party!
MEET YOUR HOSTS
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Donna & Staci @ Two Chicks and A Mom
| Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | BL |
Heidi @ Building Our Hive
| Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |
Michele @ CoastalBohemian
Features from last week:
MOST VIEWED
Miz Helen's RETRO SOUTHERN SQUASH CASSEROLE
*I made this this week and oh boy, is it good!
HEIDI'S PICK and LUCKY DRAW
The Kitchen Is My Playground PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM BARS
MICHELE'S PICK
Moois van Mie MY NEW KNITTED LAMPSHADE
DONNA'S PICK
If you were featured,
please grab a button to share on your blog!
ON TO THIS WEEK'S PARTY!
Party Rules
1. Post up to 4 links.
2. Family-friendly posts only.
3. Old posts are welcome.
4. Comment on at least one post at the party.
5. Follow the hosts on as many platforms as you can.
We are your online friends.
.jpg)













Thank you so much for the awesome feature for my Retro Squash Casserole, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for the party!
ReplyDeleteMiz Helen