Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Egg Art

Easter, as most of you know, is tomorrow.  Which means many of us (or at least our kids) decorated or dyed Easter eggs today.  I have been doing that for more years than I care to admit.  I have been doing it with children for over 3 decades now!  Since my youngest "chick" is in high school, we still have egg coloring to do.  This year was a little different though.  Yesterday while shopping at Walmart, I came across plain foam eggs in assorted colors--blue, pink, yellow, green and white.  I bought one for Ali Rose--she picked pink and a white one for my older son Eric who has been staying with us.  He is the photographer of our bird posts.  Eric is also quite artistic and always has been.  While I didn't think to take a photo of the plain eggs, here is the end result of Eric's efforts with a foam egg, Sharpies and talent:
 

 

Pretty good, eh?  I think this one is a keeper!
 
 
Ali designed her egg to look almost like yarn--lots of colors here!
 

 
So this year, if you get a chance to go shopping the day or two after Easter, you might want to pick up a few of these foam eggs for next year.  Next year we might even try decoupage with these eggs.  I like to send my kids off to adulthood with a few holiday decorations from their childhood or keepsakes from our family.
Have a wonderful, blessed Easter!

4 comments:

  1. I love those!! Eric is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such TALENT! We will be featuring you starting Wednesday at the Creative Crafts Linky Party! Pinned and shared!
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice artwork and the good thing is they are savable to use year to year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I've chosen this as a feature at Thursday Favorite Things today (starting at 10:00 Central Time.) :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips