Thursday, October 8, 2026

VINTAGE HALLOWEEN FUN


Hi and welcome to my latest post (as of today). I recently have noticed on social media that the "new" trend is painting a Jack O'Lantern Trick or Treat bucket to look more "vintage," such as the 50s or 60s. I have a fondness for the vintage and Mid-Century Modern (MCM) look, as evidenced by my MCM BATHROOM RE-DO from last year.

This year, I decided I wanted to add some touches to the buckets (available at Walmart for $1.97 each) and follow the trend! So, off I went to purchase a bucket. When I got to our Walmart, I only found one bucket with a dent in it! Being somewhat oblivious that day, I finally looked up and the top shelf was full of the buckets! I have days like that lol. I purchased one but did go back and buy two more for Staci and Ali.

SUPPLIES NEEDED

Jack O'Lantern bucket

Acrylic pens, (yellow, black, and white)

Q-tips and paper towels (to remove your mistakes)

Faux flowers (I bought mine at Dollar Tree but did have a few from Michael's)

Floral foam to hold flowers in place in the bucket (also Dollar Tree)

Now the fun part is you can just make your own faces or follow along with some on social media, such as HERE.

🎃🎃🎃


This is my first Jack.


Staci's Jack is a bit different.


🎃🎃🎃


Ali didn't want flowers in her Jack O'Lantern, due to her cats. 


My son added some roses from our backyard to one, too!

Hope you have a creative, fun and safe Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. When I was in school (basically the '60s) we even used those as a purse the week of Halloween! Not big enough for trick or treat anyways, so used pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a cute idea! I think we had either a pillowcase or some businesses gave out bags at our school. Good times either way!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips